Attached is an application form to be considered for the Glacier Hills Elementary School of Arts & Science Site Council / Booster Club. This is a two-year commitment, and being elected allows you to be a voting member. All parents are welcome to attend our meetings, which take place one time per month on Monday at either 4:15pm or 6:30pm (we do not meet in January). Meeting times and dates are posted online and listed in the Glacier Hills newsletters.
Site Council: The purpose of the Glacier Hills Site Council is to allow parents and staff to provide input regarding the operation of the school. The Site Council makes recommendations and assists in the decision making process to best meet the needs of all students.
Booster Club: The purpose of the Glacier Hills Booster Club is to involve parents and community members in the support of Glacier Hills Elementary School of Arts & Science, to enhance the students’ learning experience and promote school spirit. The Booster Club sponsors and/or supports fundraising opportunities at Glacier Hills Elementary School of Arts & Science.
Hello Glacier Hills Families!
The end of the school year is fast approaching, but planning for the 2016-17 school year has already started! Last year many families ordered school supplies through the vendor approved by the Site Council/Booster Club. This year the Site Council/Booster Club has contracted through “School Tool Box” to work with us for school supplies for the 2016-17 school year.
Below are the prices for supplies for each grade level. Prices do not include the headphones and flash drive, but those two items are listed as Optional Items on the order form. The school planner for grades 2-5 and art journals for grades K-5 can be purchased at school during the assessment days and open house. The only item not available for purchase is the student backpack.
Listed below are the prices for headphones and flash drives which are listed as Optional Items on the order form.
The supplies will come in a kit with the student name and grade. The kits will be shipped to school in August prior to the assessment days and placed in your child’s classroom.
To make your shopping convenient online, we are enclosing a sheet with steps to online shopping at School Tool Box (www.schooltoolbox.com) in your child’s Friday folder. We have also added a link on the Glacier Hills Website.
Thanks and Regards,
The Glacier Hills Carnival is coming this Friday, April 15th from 5:30 – 8:30 pm! Volunteers are still needed to help make our carnival a smashing success. Visit our volunteer sign up for donation and volunteer opportunities.
Don’t forget to join us this Friday for food, games, prizes, and tons of fun!
And a special thank you to our 2016 Game Sponsors!
- Girl Scout Troop 55057
- Dakota Electric
- Wild Cats Bar & Grill
- Krech Exteriors
- Electronic Design Company
- Wise Swim School
- Primrose School of Eagan
- Boltz Taekwondo
- Cherry Berry
- Dr. Jennifer Eisenhuth Orthodontics
Friday, April 15, 2016
5:30 – 8:30pm
How can you help make this event worthy of a standing ovation? You can contribute with the following donations!
- Cake/Bake Walk Donations
- Bake or buy cakes, cookies, bars, cupcakes, etc.
- Deliver bake walk goods to office by Friday, April 15th
- Please label if items contain peanuts/ tree nuts or are gluten free.
- Please package for distribution: (i.e. separate onto a paper plate, 2 plates of 6 cupcakes each for example)
- Plastic Bottled Beverages
- Seeking PLASTIC bottled beverages in a variety of sizes and flavors.
- NO GLASS bottles please!
- Top should be smaller than a shower ring. (no wide-mouth Gatorade bottles)
- Please no plain water (flavored waters welcome)
To donate these items or to volunteer for any of our other needs check out our volunteer sign up website at:
Contact Jenny Williams with questions – email@example.com
Sign up Now for Minnesota Twins Baseball Tickets!
Come celebrate the end of the school year and join other Glacier Hills Families watch our Minnesota Twins. The Booster Club has reserved a limited number of tickets together. To sign up, go to the link below to hold your seats.*
- Game: Sunday, June 5, 2016
- Time: 1:10 PM at Target Field vs. Tampa Bay Rays
- Seats: ‘Overlook’ section directly above the field
- Cost: $27.00 per ticket
- Make checks out to Glacier Hills Booster Club
- Contact: Randy Hedegaard firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-261-6950 with any questions.
*There are paper order forms in the office for those that need them.
(This is a great home run ball area so bring your glove!)
We are seeking volunteers to help with the Glacier Hills Carnival on Friday, April 15th, 2016 from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
To view positions and to sign up click on this link:
This will allow you to choose your position and shift.
Please feel free to pass onto your family and friends. We need to fill all these positions to make our event a success. The money raised from this event supports our school in many different ways.
Event details can be found on the Carnival page.
Square 1 Art turns your child’s art into a keepsake masterpiece! Pick from iPhone covers, necklaces, coffee cups, and much more. This exciting fundraiser is open to Glacier Hills students and siblings.
Product samples available at Glacier Hills or online at www.square1art.com.
Glacier Hills Booster Club will receive a portion of the sales. This is a great way to give back to Glacier Hills while giving/receiving personalized masterpieces.
Each child that creates and submits a completed form will receive a sheet of FREE Stickers!
- Submit all art to school on or before March 10th
- FREE STICKERS and order forms sent home around April 1st
- Order deadline will be April 15th
- Approximate product distribution around May 3rd
- Order your child’s art and benefit your child’s school!
Important Square 1 Art Requirements
- Encourage/guide your child to create a piece of artwork on the paper provided
- Use one sheet per artwork
- Siblings may participate in this fundraiser by creating their own art (additional paper in the office)
- An adult must complete the Artist Identification section on ALL art submitted in black ink only (siblings will indicate the Glacier Hills student’s teacher)
- Art should be centered in the space with less important details at the edges (**leave about an 1 inch of trim or fill with solid color)
- Materials NOT Recommended for Creating Art: colored pencils, lead pencils, photographs, gel pens, glitter, light watercolors, fluorescent and neon paints/markers
Material Recommended for Creating Art
- Markers (bold/vibrant colors)
- Tempera paint
- Intense/bright watercolors
- Crayons (bold/vibrant colors)
- Oil Crayons
Submit art by March 10th and cherish it for years to come!
If you have questions please contact Alissa Clark at email@example.com
All the money raised with these labels supports projects at our school!
2nd Grade made a big comeback in week 4, taking the overall title with 9,149 points!
4th Grade, who was in the lead in week 3, finished a strong second with 8,790 labels – only 359 labels behind.
We also beat last year’s total number of labels collected (32,816), by almost 600 labels.
We finished with 33,414 labels!
Thank you to everyone who participated!
2nd grade receives a PIZZA PARTY with Mr. Thomas!!!
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 we will be hosting a buffet dinner for our teachers and staff at Glacier Hills School of Arts and Science. This is a great way for us as parents to say thank you.
Please sign up here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c4da9a72ea7fe3-2016 and select an item(s) from the list that you are willing to bring to the school no later than 1 pm on February 9.
You may bring your items as early as Monday, February 8th starting at 3:30 pm. Items can be dropped off in the Office after school on Monday, February 8th or during school hours on Tuesday, February 9 by 1:00 pm.
You may pick up your serving dishes anytime after 7pm on February 9 in the teachers’ lounge. If you have any questions please contact Talia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, January 28th, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
We are thrilled to be bringing back our Community Cultural Event for its third year. What a great opportunity to be united by pride in our Glacier Hills school family and to celebrate all the richness and benefits we gain from being such a diverse community. Every family in our school community has something to share, from culinary to craft, art, music, dance, or storytelling. What traditions do you and your family enjoy? We are looking for Glacier Hills families to participate and share your culture and traditions with our school community. Whether it be dance, song, crafts, storytelling and language, or food: this is our chance to encounter one another in celebration of what makes our school community so vibrant. From biryani to lefse, quesadillas to kugel, banh mi to bi bim bap, or even grandma’s hot dish, it all has a place in our event. Start thinking NOW about how you can participate.